Friday, August 12, 2016

Weird Wedding Must Haves

As a bride, there were a few things that I had to have at the wedding, it was not an option not to have these things at the wedding. Some I’m sure a lots of brides would agree with and others, may just be me :)

Vintage Car: I can’t explain why but I have always dreamed of driving to church with my dad in and vintage car and then driving away with my new husband in the same.  I actually called two limo companies and they couldn’t provide one to me for the wedding. I didn’t realize how much it meant to me until I heard them say they weren’t available. Fortunately, we found an amazing company, First Class Limousine, who had a spectacular Bentley and my dream came true! We also had fantastic pictures which we will treasure!
All Photos Taken By Ashley Bartoletti Photography 











DJ: Dave and I always wanted to work with a DJ more than a band. A DJ can play exactly the song you want to hear and also can change the beat, tone and mood with the flip of switch to keep the energy excited. Our entertainment company, Weddings by Xtreme Event Group, were phenomenal, they played all the best songs, and also provided the best emcee, uplighting and spotlighting on the dance floor.




Videographer: A photographer is an obvious must have, but I know for many a videographer is not necessarily a must have, especially if the budget is tight. However, we needed to have a videographer, it was just as important to me as a photographer. As much as I treasure our pictures and can relive our day through them, our video is the actual memory of what happened and we can watch it for years to come hopefully with our children and grandchildren just like we do with Dave’s parents.

Chivary Chairs: The venue we had our reception venue was beautiful but they didn’t have chivary chairs. Again it was a weird thing that I didn’t realize how much I wanted until I saw I couldn’t have it. Our venue was so wonderful working with the chair vendor and when the room was set up with the chairs and the lighting and flowers, it all looked so stunning.



Church Decorations: This is another area that would an easy thing to cut, especially when working on a budget. After all, not everyone attends the wedding if it’s at a church and you are only there for an hour at most. But the ceremony was so important to me and I wanted the church to be decorated as beautifully as the venue. And the pictures looked fantastic! Each pew had a white ribbon tied to it and then a bouquet of baby’s breath popping out. And on the altar we had two large arrangements of white flowers with candles, it all looked so romantic.





String Quartet: Nothing screams “wedding” to me like Canon in D played by a string quartet. Again, this falls in the “I’ve dreamt of this since forever” category and just had to have it. My sister’s friend is a professional violinist and generously agreed to play at our ceremony. She organized a quartet and helped me choose a variety of different songs. I had my dream Canon in D for the bridal party procession and Here Comes the Bride for my procession. But there were also some very beautiful contemporary pieces, such as A Thousand Years during the Eucharist and All You Need is Love for the recession. Needless to say it was a dream come true.


No comments:

Post a Comment