Monday, August 8, 2016

All About My Bridal Style!

I’ve been so excited to post pictures of my wedding dress on the blog! Last year when I purchased my wedding dress, it really was a dream come true! If you recall from my post of shopping for my wedding gown, it was the very first dress I tried on. I instantly knew it was the right dress for me, but of course tried on a few others just to be sure. Now I can finally talk in more detail all about the look!

The vision: The buzzwords I had in mind for the look were simple, classic, elegant and timeless. I wanted to look like Audrey Hepburn and Kate Middleton had a baby, and I think we nailed  it ;)

The Dress: This is a full lace dress with beading sewn throughout to give a touch of sparkle. The belt was also sewn in to accentuate the waistline. I was obsessed with the illusion neckline, I think it is so elegant and also so me. I never wear strapless shirts or dresses, so I felt very comfortable with a high neckline gown. However, the back was completely open so it felt like a whole different dress when I turned around, it gave it a different edge to the look which I loved. And the train was a cathedral length, over 3 feet long so it was dramatic and had a grand feeling. It really was the perfect dress for me and I couldn’t have dreamt of a better gown.
All Photos By Ashley Bartoletti Photography








The Veil: The veil was sick, it was also a cathedral length and longer than the train of the dress so it continued the drama and made for some killer pictures. Of course it wasn’t perfect the whole time, when the wind went up the veil was a virtual kite, my poor sister had to hold on to it to keep it from flying! It also was a tad uncomfortable to wear especially when walking because it felt like my head was being dragged but in the end it was so worth it! We had a phenomenal photographer and videographer and they knew how to get some great “veil flying” shots which I always wanted in our wedding photos. The edges were threaded so the veil look finished but it was otherwise all netting so it didn’t compete with the lace on the dress.




Hair Accessories: In my hair I had a side comb with kept the look finished, especially when I took the veil out but it was a simple piece that just accentuated my hair. I considered a headband or tiara, but in the end I didn’t carry them quite like the side comb.



Hairstyle: I wanted my hair to be down with the sides pinned up. To say I agonized with what to do with my hair was an understatement, I must have gone back and forth between half up, down, all up, some down for months. In the end, I felt like I was most confident with my hair mostly down and my hair stylist did a terrific job with creating a soft and elegant look that was very me, just a little more special.




Make Up: Make up was super easy though! If you watch my makeup tutorials, I’m all about neutral colors and enhancing natural beauty through easy techniques. With my eye makeup, I wanted to have earthy tones that looked natural, but still special. Since I like wearing makeup every day, I wanted to look more enhanced than my normal look and at the end of the day I’m happy that between my dress, my hair and my makeup, I felt special and glamorous, but very much still Melissa



No comments:

Post a Comment