Friday, August 5, 2016

Our Wedding Color Scheme

The last few years I’ve seen lots of weddings with blush pink colors and have fallen in love with that color scheme. It’s quite popular, I’ve seen many people using it, but I knew if I didn’t use it for myself, I’d probably regret it later on.

All Photos by Ashley Bartoletti Photography

When Dave and I set a date for April, I knew it would be a perfect color for a spring wedding. Blush pink was our main color with touches of gold and ivory to provide some contrast. The colors blended so well together and are very elegant and classic. I also love how pink is not too jarring next to ivory so in the pictures of me and the bridesmaids, we complimented each other so well.




When it came to bouquets, I wanted my bouquet to be all ivory so it was a continuation of the dress, same for the bridesmaids with their all pink bouquets. In the church we chose all ivory flowers because it complimented the red interior much nicer than pink would have. At the venue we had centerpieces made of different flowers in light pink and white and then we had them in gold candelabras to continue the color scheme. The tablecloths and seat cushions were ivory and we had gold chivary chairs so throughout the whole wedding everything was very cohesive. Finally, our cake was ivory with pops of pink in the sugar flowers. There was also gold lighting in the candles and Christmas lights and pink uplighting throughout the whole room.








I’m thrilled with how the whole look came together I think it was executed perfectly and the vision I had all came together beautifully. I almost choke up now when I look at my Pinterest board because all the pictures I used as inspiration came to life for our wedding.



No comments:

Post a Comment